One of the most nutritious vegetable milks currently available is sesame, an energetic sea drink that, in addition, gives us a large amount of vitamins and minerals perfect to improve our body internally. This type of milk is perfect for people who suffer from lactose intolerance or people who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet because it contains no animal protein, only vegetable. You can easily find it in supermarkets or natural products stores but you can also learn how to make it yourself. If you want to know how to make homemade sesame milk.
Recipe of homemade sesame milk
To be able to make homemade sesame milk you have to keep in mind that the important thing is that you use quality products so that, as a result, the nutritional result of your recipe is of the highest possible quality. Therefore, we recommend that you make organic or biological sesame seeds in organic stores that guarantee a product of great nutritional value.
To make this sesame milk you need these ingredients:
- 1 cup sesame natural / organic sesame seeds
- 3 cups of filtered water
The first thing we have to do is to let these seeds soak all night long; the recommended thing is that they are left for 8 or 12 hours submerged in water, so that we can prepare the milk and that it is perfect.
When this time has passed, you must remove the water and we will remain, only, with the seeds. Now, that they will be softened, we will have to pour them in a suitable container for the blender and add 3 or 4 cups of filtered water; we liquefy until we achieve a homogeneous and unified mixture.
And ready! You already have ready your homemade sesame milk that you can take during the next 3 or 4 days, as long as you keep it well in a refrigerated space.
Benefits of sesame milk
Now that you know how to make sesame milk, next we will discover how this milk can benefit you, therefore, we will analyze the properties that this drink can contribute to the organism in a detailed way.
- Very rich in minerals: sesame is a type of seed that gives us a large amount of nutrients and, among them, we highlight its interesting contribution in minerals where we highlight calcium, zinc and iron. But, also, it is a milk very rich in fatty acids such as Omega 6 and 9 that are essential for the proper functioning of our body.
- Very rich in lecithin: this substance is ideal to improve certain functions of our body, such as regulating cholesterol or improving the metabolism of fats. But, in addition, it also manages to improve brain capacities by making our brain much more active and improving retentive capacity and memory.
- Full of antioxidants: the sesame milk also brings a large amount of antioxidants to our body and, therefore, we will be much more protected against the aggression of agents such as diseases or free radicals. Therefore, thanks to the intake of this type of milk we can stop the premature aging of our body and make us much stronger and healthier.
- High in fiber: another of the benefits of sesame milk is that it is a drink full of fiber and, therefore, it will improve our intestinal transit but, in addition, it will also help us to purify the body through natural routes and eliminate swelling. Fiber also provides a lot of satiety, so we will be able to satisfy the appetite without having to eat a larger amount of food.
Sesame milk recipe with oats
One of the best combinations you can make when preparing sesame milk is to add a little oatmeal to that drink. Why? Because, well, you will get a very nutritious drink and the healthy sea that will improve the functioning of your body in a very effective way.
Before telling you how to make this sesame milk with oatmeal, we will pause for a moment on the benefits of oats to understand why it is advisable to include it in this recipe:
- Very rich in fiber: oatmeal is also an ingredient with a great contribution in fiber and, therefore, we will improve intestinal transit as well as get a very satisfying food with very few calories.
- Reduce bad cholesterol: soluble fiber helps balance the levels of cholesterol in the blood and reduce the presence of bad cholesterol.
- Ideal for diabetics: oats slow down the process of absorption of sugar in the blood and, therefore, can be perfectly consumed by people with diabetes or sugar problems.
- Very energetic : one of the main characteristics of oats is that it is a carbohydrate that gives us a lot of energy and, therefore, will be ideal to drink during the first hours of the day and, thus, face the new day in a way full of vitality.
As you can see, mixing sesame with oats is a great idea to create a milk that is nutritious, satisfying and very beneficial for the organism. To be able to do it, you will only have to carry out the steps that we have indicated in section number one and, when you are going to liquefy the sesame, add at this moment the whole oat flakes and begin to liquefy for a few minutes.
When you get the desired mixture, then you can strain it to eliminate the tripping that may have been left and that’s it! If you want a sweeter taste we recommend you avoid the sugar and, failing that, incorporate a little honey or stevia.
If you want to read more articles similar to how to make homemade sesame milk, we recommend you to enter our category of Food.
Article Source: Tape Daily