You are wrong if you think mobile apps are only for big brands, such as Bank of America, Walmart, etc. Yes, today most of the businesses are following mobile app trends. If you are planning for the same, you majorly need to consider these three elements:
- Why are mobile apps important?
- Types of Business apps
- What is the development costs?
Every stage needs specialization, with multiple tests to ensure the quality and functionality. Let’s cover each stage one-by-one.
Importance of Mobile Apps
Mobile Apps help your businesses in different ways:
- To Stay Visible and Connected
As per statistics, an average person spends at least 2 or more hours on the mobile device in the US. Generally, just a few apps occupy most of the time of users. Therefore, this is likely the biggest exposure businesses can get from its users.
Of course, not all the apps drive similar amount of users engagement. However, every app does not need the kind of users engagement global brands get. They can go for realistic goals and get a loyal user base. The biggest benefit they get is continuous visibility and connection with users.
- Better User Experience
There is a perception that mobile apps only act as a promotional tool. But the fact is most users find apps interesting because of their wonderful experience. Apps that can impress users with smart, lean, and smooth experience, can’t be stopped from getting popular.
Businesses who are trying to deliver a kind of users experience that they love, a mobile app is all they need. If your business doesn’t have a strong offline presence, creating a mobile app is quite effective for you.
- Promotion Tool For Your Business
After their development, mobile apps become a free promotional tool. No doubt, there are other web alternatives to sell your product, including eBay, Flipkart, Amazon, SnapDeal, etc.
But to trade products across these alternatives you need to face a tough competition. You can find some famous brands in your niche out there. Whereas, apps deliver a credible promotional platform without much investment.
- Make Presence in Global Markets
Do you think your products or services have a good scope in the global market, rather than local? Thanks to social media, web, and mobile apps that can provide your business a global presence.
Now, a vegetable store in your locality that have been selling vegetables for years locally, can reach to offshore clients. Mobile apps help you to reach global markets and users. These apps allow you to connect with people who are similar minded.
Types of Business Apps
Businesses develop apps that serve to the requirements of their market. You can consider different apps, according to the type of business you are running:
- Basic Functionality: It helps in the enhancement of the usability of mobile devices.
- Functionality Based on Data: Enables you to organize programs, as well as files.
- Games: Involves some of the complicated procedures in mobile app development
- Modification: Designed in order to advance specific functions of the mobile device.
- Fully Dynamic: It is data-driven but dependent on external information.
- Custom Utilities: Allow you to format the content in a particular manner.
Note: It is very crucial to have an idea about the type of app you wish to develop. It will make the process faster and reduces the risks of making mistakes.
Approximate Costs of Developing An App
As soon as you determined the type of app, it’s time to pick your platform. There are two key platforms to pick from Android or iOS.
For Android apps, cost ranges as mentioned:
- High-tech apps: $75,000 to $150,000
- Complex apps: $55,000 to $100,000
- Standard apps: $45,000 to $55,000
- Elementary apps: $25,000 to $35,000
For iOS apps, cost ranges as mentioned:
- Simple, table-based apps: $1,000 to $4,000
- Database apps: $8,000 to $50,000
- Games: $10,000 to $250,000
There are some additional costs you should consider while building your app:
- Web Services ($1,000 to $5,000): Move the content to a remote access point. As a result, you can update the apps with XML files contrary to changes to the raw code.
- Share Capabilities ($500 to $1,500): Allow content sharing through social media and email.
- Game Center ($1,000): Apple’s way of embedding your app with SDK.
- SDK ($50 to $200): SDKs assist you to track your app and search for ways to monetize it.
It’s a Wrap, Guys!
No matter how to go, mobile apps are going to a standard component of all businesses in the future. The choices you make today are going to set the foundation for your business prospect. It’s on you to determine whether you’d like to be on the top or not.